Please Touch Me
Phyllis K Davies
If I am your baby, please touch me
I need your touch in ways you never know
Don’t just wash and change and feed me,
But rock me close, kiss my face and stroke my body
Your soothing gentle touch says security and love
Baby massage brings touch into a child’s life, in a positive and loving way.
I can teach baby massage to parents, grandparents, guardians, carers, siblings, or anyone who wants to learn a skill that will last a lifetime.
- develops precious close one-to-one, skin-to-skin contact that is vital for bonding and reducing stress levels
- relaxes both infant and parent
- improves muscle strength, flexibility and suppleness
- promotes better sleep
- improves blood circulation
- helps digestion and eases colic, constipation and wind
- stimulates the release of natural endorphins which subdue pain and have a calming effect
- may help infants aged under 6 months to sleep better, cry less and be less stressed (cite this paper - University of Warwick 8/11/06)
Important things to remember
- Minimum age is six weeks. There is no upper age limit, but once your infant has started crawling, keeping them in one position may be more difficult!
- Wait 24 hours after an immunisation
- If your infant is ill or has sickness or diarrhoea, they are better kept at home. Catch up sessions are always available for any missed sessions.
- If your infant is receiving medical care they are still very welcome, as long as their consultant/doctor is happy with this
- Massage isn’t comfortable for the baby to receive with a full tummy!
How you can learn baby massage
You can learn baby massage by attending my baby massage workshop. The workshop consists of an hours tuition where I will run over the full body routine, and cover the wind and colic routine also, including some reflexology you can use. There is then time for a half hour chat and snack time with home made healthy snacks, tea, herbal tea, coffee or water.
The session is a fun relaxed session allowing you to feed or change baby when necessary and I'm happy to go over anything missed.
Please contact me for dates. The workshop costs £15 and you can make payment here:
Please complete the booking form here and submit before you arrive for this class.
"Lovely baby massage course, with demonstrations and lots of very useful information. Was a lovely atmosphere and no pressure even when babies were crying. Went at a lovely slow place and even sent Oliver to sleep afterwards. Would highly recommend and the protein ball were also very yummy!
The wax used has also left Olivers skin feeling lovely and soft, better than any moisturisers we have used. Very friendly too!!" - Heidi Rose-Marie D'Ippolito
"Tanya is an experienced, passionate and professional therapist with a wealth of knowledge in her field, particularly around pregnancy and pregnancy related issues. I had a number of massages during my pregnancy as well as learning baby massage once my baby was born. I couldn't recommend Tanya enough." - Justine Watkins-Smith