Qualifications and training
I originally trained as a Therapist at The London College of Fashion, and after a break to have my family, I returned to the world of therapy in 1996 and set up my own business, Mother Massage by Tanya.
Since then, I have constantly strived to be at the top of my profession, gaining qualifications and attending courses and conferences relevant to my work:
- C&G Diploma in Reflexology with Distinction
- C&G Diploma in Indian Head Massage
- Well Mother APNT Massage & Pregnancy Diploma with Distinction
- Certificate in Advanced Clinical Massage - Jing Institute of Advanced Massage Training (2010)
- Professional Diploma in Advanced Clinical and Sports Massage - Level 6 BTEC -Jing Institute of Advanced Massage Training (2013)
- Scar work Course January 2015
- Neurokinetic Therapy Level 1 Jan 2015
- Neurokinetic Therapy Level 2 June 2016
- Immaculate Dissection - core concepts May 2015
- Primal movements by Perry Nickleston 2016
- Pregnancy and Postnatal Exercise - Burrell Education December 2016
- YMCA level 2 Fitness Instructor January 2017
- Optimal health after Hysterectomy April 2017
- Optimal Nutrition & Lifestyle for Postnatal healing & Recovery June 2017
- Specialist wellness coach for Perimenopause and beyond September 2017
- OMT Pregnancy & Postnatal CPD March 2018
- Member of FHT (Federation of Holistic Therapists)
- Currently studying Advanced CPD in Modern Pregnancy Functional Exercise programming and Birth Preparation
My training in neurokinetic therapy (NKT) has taken my treatment to a different level and really given me more knowledge into helping clients regain back their ability to live without pain.
In 2017, I hope to do a course in Fitness & Nutrition for the Menopausal Stage and a Postnatal nutrition course.
I practice what I preach!
I love keeping myself and others fit, mobile and flexible. I do Pilates, circuit training sessions and run a couple of times a week, so I can sympathise when clients become injured and cannot train while rehabilitating. My family also loves sport, playing rugby, football, kayaking and dance.
Don't take my word for it, below are kind words from some of my clients.
"I would highly recommend using Tanya during pregnancy. After discovering her during my first pregnancy, I didn't hesitate to get in touch with her when I became pregnant with my second child. I've been to many spas/salons but Tanya is by far the best massage I've ever had. That coupled with her expertise means that she can work on specific areas and her massages always left me feeling relaxed and fab! Also, her ability to listen and connect with you as a person is a unique skill and gave me complete confidence in her work. I would recommend her to anyone!"
"I have used Tanya James for many years and she is a lovely warm hearted person who I feel very comfortable with, I feel able to tell her about my medical history and Tanya has alway been able to offer great support and advise on the treatments best for me.
I used Tanya for pregnancy massage though my last pregnancy and she even came to my house while I was in labour which was lovely, it made me feel very relaxed and ready to go into hospital.
When I fell pregnant this time I was so pleased that I could keep up with having a relaxing massage by a person who is trained so well and with so much experience.
I would recommend Tanya to any of my friends and have done so in the past, myself,mother and sister all use Tanya and we are all very pleased to have found a wonderful person that we all feel comfortable with."
"I went to see Tanya whilst suffering with excruciating pelvic girdle pain during my second pregnancy. Not only did the massage ease the pain, but Tanya was highly knowledgeable about the condition and able to recommend exercises to help between treatments. I can't recommend her highly enough."
"I highly recommend Tanya, she regulary treated me throughout my pregnancy when I had PGP and I would have been in a lot of pain if it wasn't for her magic hands! Tanya also did baby massage with my baby and showed me some great techniques which have been useful when he has been teething or had trapped wind or just to relax him before bed"