I can teach baby massage to parents, grandparents, guardians, carers, siblings, or anyone who wants to learn a skill that will last a lifetime.
Please Touch Me – by Phyllis K Davies
If I am your baby, please touch me
I need your touch in ways you never know
Don’t just wash and change and feed me,
But rock me close, kiss my face and stroke my body
Your soothing gentle touch says security and love
This consists of an hours tuition where I will run over the full body routine, and cover the wind and colic routine also, including some reflexology you can use. There is then time for a half hour chat and snack time with home made healthy snacks, tea, herbal tea, coffee or water.
4 week course (60 mins per week) – £40
Each week we will spend one hour looking at a different area of the body, making it easier to practise and learn. The 4th week will be a round up of everything learnt so a chance to go over anything missed or forgotten.
We cover the full baby massage routine including the wind and colic sequence using both massage and reflexology.
Both the workshop and 4 week course are held at Little Therapy Space in Olney at 11:30am.
Baby massage sessions are fun and relaxed allowing you to feed or change baby when necessary and I’m always happy to go over anything missed. Please contact me for dates for either the workshop or the 4 week course.
You will be asked to complete a booking form prior to attending the session.
- develops precious close one-to-one, skin-to-skin contact that is vital for bonding and reducing stress levels
- relaxes both infant and parent
- improves muscle strength, flexibility and suppleness
- promotes better sleep
- improves blood circulation
- helps digestion and eases colic, constipation and wind
- stimulates the release of natural endorphins which subdue pain and have a calming effect
- may help infants aged under 6 months to sleep better, cry less and be less stressed (cite this paper – University of Warwick 8/11/06)
Important things to remember:
- Minimum age is six weeks. There is no upper age limit, but once your infant has started crawling, keeping them in one position may be more difficult!
- Wait 24 hours after an immunisation
- If your infant is ill or has sickness or diarrhoea, they are better kept at home. Catch up sessions are always available for any missed sessions.
- If your infant is receiving medical care they are still very welcome, as long as their consultant/doctor is happy with this
- Massage isn’t comfortable for the baby to receive with a full tummy!
Buy and book the workshop using the button below.
1 hour 30 minutes: £25
- 7th April
- 1st June
- 6th October
- 1st December
Buy and book the 4 week course using the button below.
1 hour per week: £40
- 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th May
- 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th July
- 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th September
- 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th November
WHAT LOVELY PEOPLE ARE SAYING
As mentioned throughout the therapy and treatment information sections, I have the option of mixing and using specific dōTERRA essential oils to compliment your therapy and suit your specific needs for that session. If you would like to learn more about the oils that I use, please click the button below.