This class is for you if you want to get 100% clear on:
- How to exercise safely in pregnancy without harming your baby
- How to treat some pregnancy aches and pains effectively
- Keeping your body strong for labour and challenges of being a new Mum
- Learning stretches to aid your baby into an Optimal birthing position
- Eating healthy and nutritious meals and snacks
- Learn ways to relax your body and mind
- Meeting other mums going through the same stage in life
- Learn from a specialist
This is a weekly class held at Little Therapy Space, Wednesday evenings at 7pm. Ladies are welcome to join once they are 12 weeks pregnant and can stay on with the class until they have their baby! Some ladies still attend at 41 weeks, and I just cater some work for them!
The class is made up of a 30 minute circuit using bands, weights and body weight. You are encouraged to work to your own level as you are all at different stages of pregnancy and have different exercise backgrounds.
Each week we cover posture, breathing, pelvic floor contraction and activation of the deep abdominals. These will be worked into every day Mum movements making sure you use them correctly with good form and posture, and activate and engage your core rather than your back.
We cover stretches and movements for helping baby into the optimal birthing position which can be used at home during the week to help baby find its way into the position ideal for birth. As an experienced and specialist pregnancy and postnatal massage therapist I can also pass on advice and techniques on working with typical aches and pains in the upper and lower body and help you relieve them rather than try and cope with them.
We will also look at ways to stabilise and strengthen the pelvis, so keeping it mobile, flexible and strong to lessen the pain of pelvic girdle pain. I have had several women with this condition join in and found the class very beneficial.
We will always finish the session with some relaxation time, and use music and visualisations to work on the journey ahead. This is your time to relax and allow the body some well deserved quiet time in your busy week.
What you will need:
- Mats and equipment are provided, including cushions and blankets for the relax time but please bring anything you feel you may need. Balls and bands used during class can be purchased if you wish to use them at home.
- Please bring your own water for your use throughout the class
- Come in comfortable clothing that is easy to move in. Bring layers as you may get very warm once you start working, and then chill once you start to relax.
Depending on numbers you may have to join a waiting list until someone leaves so please book early to avoid disappointment.